Thursday 27 June 2013

Ah Well....

Why do we always find something to make ourselves sad?
Maybe we care too much about things we can't change.

Just appreciate the happy things we have, and stay away from things that make us sad and angry. Seriously, just stay away from those things.

Sometimes being ignorant is better. That's why simple people are generally happier than people who think too much.

There's nothing you can do about things you can't change. Try making the people around you happy. People are just sometimes too selfish.

If everyone just TRY to make people around them happy, the world would be a much happier place. 
I am just disappointed that many people won't do this. 
They prefer making people around them and they themselves unhappy. If I am not happy then you must not be happy as well.
Well, just try ok? There is already too much sadness in this world. We need more happiness :) 

A clear blue sky would make me happy now. The stupid haze has deprived me of the view of one of my favourite things in this world - clouds :)



On another matter, haha....

I just received my trial exam results yesterday. All A's. Ah well, this means I have gotten all A's for every end-of-semester papers during my 2 years of college. Yeah, including the not-so-useful subject of Ethics Education as well LOL. 

Not boasting here, just to show that hard work really pays off. I just wish that when my REAL A level examination results come out, I can get 3 As as well, or better yet, 3 A*s haha. I wish all my friends can get 3 A*s as well. Some of them really deserve the 3 shining stars haha XD.

I am not intelligent or something. I don't have high IQ. I usually sucked in IQ tests. Some people say I looked as if I don't need to study hard to score good marks. Well, they don't know me. And as usual people don't believe me when I try to explain things. Ah well...

Well, I admit I played a lot. I am happy-go-lucky and usually not serious lol. But I usually try my best for my exams. Well not always, but usually. If I am really serious I can study like hell and ace all my tests and exams with relative ease. The problem is getting myself to become serious. 

Ever since gaining some taste of working in real life, I have become lazy haha XD. Really. I used to be a half-nerd who study all day. But this all changed after SPM. After I enter college I can just manage to get through my exams by paying attention in class and doing some exercises and tutorials given by lecturers. This continued until I got a C for Biology during semester 2. Well, that really hit me hard. I have not got a C for a long time. The last time was in Form 4. A nasty C for Additional Maths lol.

And that is why I got a C.


After that I got serious. I admit I used some shortcuts and tricks for tests and exams. Not cheating of course. Well, we all know that exams do not only test us on what we know, but how we apply what we know as well. In short, the TECHNIQUE of answering questions in exams is important as well. If I don't know how to write down what I know, the exams are pretty much screwed even though I have read the textbooks 100 times.

I personally feel that answering exam questions is like telling a white lie. Not telling exactly what I know, but more to modifying what I know and telling it to you. It is not exactly true, but add a bit here and take away a bit there, and you have a new concoct, different in appearance but still the same in essence. That's how I answer exam questions, and usually they work. Usually.

Passing exams with flying colours requires 99% hard work and 1% talent. It's true. In my college, almost everyone is a scholarship student, meaning there are a lot of people who are smarter and more hardworking. Some of them are really competitive aka like to compare marks, which kinda annoys me lol. Well, I don't really like this atmosphere. But hey, I am here and I am using taxpayers' money, so I might as well study hard. My parents pay taxes too =.=

Ok, so starting from semester 3 I studied harder. The last 3 months were one of the most hardworking moments of my life. I spent like at least 3 hours a day studying. It's actually a lot. AT LEAST 3 hours mind you XD. I haven't studied so hard for so long. During semester 1 I can ignore studying for 1 whole week and still managed to catch up. Well, I had to study hard for the A level exams. These are the real deal man, not some half-baked college tests, which are in essence past year questions lol. 

And I promised some people I would work hard. My parents. And some really important friends ^^

This actually happened during one of my papers. Almost got muscle cramps at that particular area. Darn. Should've drunk less water before the paper.


So it's all over. I feel confident during the 17 papers though. I made mistakes, but still within the range to get an A, or even A*, if everything went well. I hope fate doesn't troll me in a cruel way that the examiners marked my papers wrongly or something. That would be too much for me. And I really need to thank all my friends that have studied with me, went out and played with me, or even just being at my side during the 7 weeks. You are all truly great people. I owe you all a lot. You know who you are haha, and you have my sincere gratitude :)

For those of us who took Physics for A level, you all know what I mean =.=

And yeah, I went to Sunway Pyramid, volunteering work, the Pasar Malam at Taman 
Connought, Subang Jaya etc etc during the exam period. Hey, you can't expect me to study continuously EVERY DAY for 7 WEEKS. I am human. I am just a lazy and playful human who is serious about studying.

There's really no secrets for getting good exam results. Er, I may need to rephrase this. Well, there's really no secrets for getting good exam results for most of us. Ok that's better. Unless you are a genius (most of us aren't, and I am certainly not one, please stop calling me that =.=), you need to work hard. It's the only way to get anything at all. Good results, good jobs, good girlfriends. Work hard for it. It's the only way. Don't ask me what do I mean by working hard. You know it yourself. Ok, maybe except how to work hard to get a girlfriend. I don't know that myself lol.

Then its over in a flash. The 7 weeks actually passed quickly. I was surprised as well. And now I am at home, lazing around. I miss my college friends though. They are among the funniest and greatest people I have ever met. I know I would never see some of them again. At least I still remain in contact with those I treasure the most :)

That's all for now. Now it'll be just fooling around for 2 months until results day. I hope that I can fly to Ireland in September. I hope that my friends all pass their passing marks and enter their respective colleges too. This world needs more happiness. And I hope in 2 months time, there will be more happiness in the form of our excellent results. 

And hopefully no lame jokes on Results Day either =.='''
I don't want anyone to get a C anyway haha XD

I am not thinking about all these now. Now I am just thinking about how beautiful my friends are, and whether the durian puff stall will be open tomorrow (er, today, I mean. Haha XD).

Good night, and peace out. May there be more happiness in this world.

















No comments:

Post a Comment